Using the built-in WiFi Hotspot feature, you can easily use an old phone as a portable router. Plug in a 3G SIM card and choose a data plan with a good data limit.
How do I make my old phone Wi-Fi only?
Turning Old Android Phone to Wi-Fi Only Device
- Enable Airplane Mode. Airplane Mode Enabled. …
- Enable Wi-Fi. Once you enabled Airplane mode, every wireless connection will be turned off including the Wi-Fi connectivity of the device. …
- Consider Installing 3rd Party App Launcher. Popular Launcher Apps.
Can I use an old phone on Wi-Fi?
End your woes by using your old smartphone as a Wi-Fi extender. Now, you are free to surf and connect to the internet wherever you are in your home. Your Android smartphone is capable of picking up a Wi-Fi signal and then repeating it. This will extend the distance with which your Wi-Fi signal can reach.
Can I use a cell phone on Wi-Fi only?
Rest assured that your phone will operate just fine without active service from a carrier, leaving it as a Wifi-only device. … Great apps like Hangouts will even let you make VoIP calls without any carrier involvement, provided you’re able to find good Wifi connections.
Can you still use Wi-Fi on a phone without service?
How to enable and use Wi-Fi calling on your Android or iPhone to make calls without cellular service. You can use Wi-Fi calling on your Android or iPhone to make calls using Wi-Fi rather than your cellular network. Wi-Fi calling is useful in cell service dead zones or buildings with spotty service.
How can I get free Wi-Fi?
Ways to Get Free WiFi at Home
- Find open Wi-Fi hotspots. …
- Ask a Friend to Share an Internet. …
- Use a free internet provided by your internet provider. …
- Public Places. …
- Use one access point with neighbors. …
- Use a more sensitive antenna. …
- And enjoy free internet on your laptop via WiFi! …
- Satellite fishing.
Can I use an old iPhone as a Wi-Fi only device?
You can absolutely use the old iPhone as a Wi-Fi-only device that can still use iMessage, FaceTime, and other apps included on iOS and that you’ve downloaded from the App Stores.
Can I use my old iphone without a sim card?
Yes. Once activated the Phone can be used without a sim card. All features function except of course making calls and sending texts. This might help answer your question.
How can I use my old iphone without service?
Just enable airplane mode and turn on wifi (best way to use it as an iPod Touch in terms of power optimization since you don’t need the cellular radio powered on). You can still make VOIP calls with something like skype. Messaging would be limited to imessages between other Apple device users.
How can I use my old phone as a Wi-Fi camera?
Here’s what it looks like:
- Open the Alfred app on your phone.
- Tap Skip in the upper-right corner.
- Tap Camera.
- Tap Get Started!
- Tap Sign in with Google. Source: Joe Maring / Android Central.
- Choose the account you want.
- Tap Allow to confirm account permissions. …
- Tap Allow to allow camera access.
How do I turn my Android phone into a wireless router?
How to Turn Your Android Into a Router
- Go to the “Home” screen on your Android device. …
- Open the list of apps by selecting the “Apps” icon. …
- Select the “Settings” option.
- Select “Wireless & networks,” then “Tethering & portable hotspot,” then “Portable Wi-Fi hotspot settings.”
- Select “Configure Wi-Fi hotspot.”
Can a phone work without SIM card?
The short answer, yes. Your Android smartphone will totally work without a SIM card. In fact, you can do almost everything you can do with it right now, without paying a carrier anything or using a SIM card. All you need is Wi-Fi (internet access), a few different apps, and a device to use.