If your Wi-Fi icon is missing, but the Internet connection is working, it might just be a case of uninspired taskbar settings. To resolve this problem, make sure to check if the network system icon is turned on or not. Reinstalling the Wireless adapter drivers is another solution that worked for many users.
How do I get my WiFi back on Windows 10?
Turning on Wi-Fi via the Start menu
- Click the Windows button and type “Settings,” clicking on the app when it appears in the search results. …
- Click on “Network & Internet.”
- Click on the Wi-Fi option in the menu bar on the left side of the Settings screen.
- Toggle the Wi-Fi option to “On” to enable your Wi-Fi adapter.
How do I fix the WiFi icon disappeared Windows 10?
NOTE: If the Network icon is missing from the page, Go to Settings > Personalization > Taskbar page, click Turn system icons on or off link, and then turn on the Network icon.
Why WiFi option is not showing in PC?
Solution 3: Run the Windows network troubleshooter
If Wi-Fi settings are visible: Select Wi-Fi and make sure that Wi-Fi is set to On and that your network name appears in the list of available wireless networks. Select your network, and then select Connect.
Why did my WiFi settings disappear?
Causes Behind the Wi-Fi Network Disappearing
Disable SSID broadcast. Disabled WLAN AutoConfig. Interference of other WiFi devices. Wi-Fi driver is outdated, corrupted, or missing.
What do I do if my Wi-Fi is not showing up on my laptop?
Here’s how to do it:
- Go to Start Menu, type in Services and open it up.
- In the Services window, locate the WLAN Autoconfig service.
- Right-click on it and select Properties. …
- Change the Startup type to ‘Automatic’ and click Start to run the service. …
- Click Apply and then hit OK.
- Check if this fixes the issue.
How do I reinstall my Wi-Fi driver?
Here is how to do it:
- In Device Manager, select Network adapters. Then click Action.
- Click Scan for hardware changes. Then Windows will detect the missing driver for your wireless network adapter and reinstall it automatically.
- Double-click Network adapters.
Why has my Network icon disappeared?
Right-click the taskbar and select Properties. Select the Taskbar tab –> Customize under the Notification area. Click Turn system icons on or off. Select On from the Behaviors drop-down of the Network icon.
How do I enable Wi-Fi on my PC?
The Wi-Fi adapter can also be enabled in the Control Panel, click the Network and Sharing Center option, then click the Change adapter settings link in the left navigation pane. Right-click the Wi-Fi adapter and select Enable.
How do I enable Wi-Fi on my desktop?
Click the Windows button -> Settings -> Network & Internet. Select Wi-Fi. Slide Wi-Fi On, then available networks will be listed. Click Connect.
Why can’t I find my Wi-Fi network?
Make sure your computer/device is still in the range of your router/modem. Move it closer if it is currently too far away. Go to Advanced > Wireless > Wireless Settings, and check the wireless settings. Double check your Wireless Network Name and SSID is not hided.
How do I restore my Wi-Fi connection?
Step 1: Check settings & restart
- Make sure Wi-Fi is on. Then turn it off and on again to reconnect. Learn how to connect to Wi-Fi networks.
- Make sure Airplane mode is off. Then turn it on and off again to reconnect. …
- Press your phone’s power button for a few seconds. Then, on your screen, tap Restart .
Why did my 5g Wi-Fi disappeared?
2) Check Dual-band settings
If you are using a router that has dual-band frequency enabled, that means it is running on both 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz at the same time and that can also be one of the reasons that the 5 GHz frequency has disappeared out of the blue.