Cox does not offer a dedicated portable wifi hotspot plan. Cox provides access to more than 3 million wifi hotspots across the nation for all Cox Internet customers at no additional charge. You can find your nearest hotspot by going to our Cox Hotspots map at www.cox.com/hotspots.
How much does Cox hotspot cost?
Details. Cox Hotspots provides access to WiFi hotspots for all Cox Internet customers at no additional charge. You can take Cox Internet with you when you leave home.
How do I connect to Cox hotspots?
- Enable WiFi on your wireless device and search for available networks.
- In your list of available networks, select CoxWiFi or CoxWiFi_premium.
- Launch your Internet browser.
- Sign in with your Cox User ID and Password. Note: The Cox User ID is the same as the one you use to sign in to My Account at Cox.com.
How can I get free WiFi?
Ways to Get Free WiFi at Home
- Find open Wi-Fi hotspots. …
- Ask a Friend to Share an Internet. …
- Use a free internet provided by your internet provider. …
- Public Places. …
- Use one access point with neighbors. …
- Use a more sensitive antenna. …
- And enjoy free internet on your laptop via WiFi! …
- Satellite fishing.
How do I get free hotspot from Cox?
What is Cox hotspot pass?
- Open your device’s Wi-Fi settings and select the Wi-Fi network named CoxWiFi.
- When the Cox hotspot login window pops up, select Not a Cox Customer.
- Select your pass option for 2 hours, 24 hours, or one week.
Does Cox WiFi have a limit?
All Cox Internet plans include 1.25 TB (1,280 GB) per month of data usage. Additional Data Plans can be added for an additional monthly charge. Excess usage is $10 per additional 50 GB block, except for Unlimited Data Plan subscribers. Unused data does not roll over.
Is Cox WiFi good for gaming?
Cox Internet »
Cox: Cox places fourth in our rating of the Best Internet Service Providers for Gaming with a latency of 22 ms and it ties for second in our Best Cable Internet Service of 2021 rating.
Does Cox WiFi Hotspot use data?
The Cox Hotspots data stream does not impact your home network data stream, so it will not impact your household’s data usage or speeds. The usage and activities of guest users are associated with the guests’ accounts and therefore do not impact you.
How do I find WiFi hotspots?
- Go to a restaurant or coffee shop with free Wi-Fi. …
- Visit the public library and use the library’s local Wi-Fi hotspot.
- Search for city-run Wi-Fi hotspots in public parks or facilities.
- Use an app like WeFi or Wi-Fi Space to find free Wi-Fi hotspots.
- Ask your internet provider if it has Wi-Fi hotspots.
How do I connect my Cox WiFi to my TV?
To get the most out of your In-Home WiFi, Cox provides the following steps to help you connect your device.
Refer to your device owner’s manual for specific steps.
- Tap Scan to search for available networks.
- Tap your network name from the list of available SSIDs.
- Enter the network password.
- Tap Connect.
How do I get rid of Cox WiFi?
Sign in to your account by entering your Cox username and password. From the My Account Overview section, click My Profile. Click to select Privacy Settings. From Privacy Settings, under the Cox Hotspot section, click Disable.