If you want to rename a device, it must be paired with and currently connected to your iPhone. To rename the device, tap the “i” in the Bluetooth device list and type a new name – you should be able to rename most devices, although some do not let you change the name. Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
How do I change the order of Bluetooth devices on my iPhone?
Pair a third-party Bluetooth accessory with your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
- On your device, go to Settings > Bluetooth and turn on Bluetooth. …
- Place your accessory in discovery mode and wait for it to appear on your device. …
- To pair, tap your accessory name when it appears onscreen.
How do I edit my Bluetooth devices?
Configure, unpair, or rename a Bluetooth accessory
- Swipe down from the top of the screen.
- Touch and hold Bluetooth . If your accessory is listed under “Available media devices,” next to your device’s name, tap Settings . …
- Make your change: To change the accessory’s name, at the top, tap Edit .
Can I rename Bluetooth devices on iPhone?
The Bluetooth accessory should be turned on and wirelessly connected to your device. Tap on the tiny encircled “i” (information) symbol next to the accessory. Select Name and enter a new name on the next screen. Tap Done to save the name.
How do I delete unwanted Bluetooth devices from my iPhone?
How to unpair Bluetooth devices on iPhone and iPad
- Go into Settings > Bluetooth.
- Find the device you’d like to remove and tap the (i) icon next to it.
- Tap Forget This Device.
- Confirm you’d like to remove this device from your iPhone or iPad.
How do I connect my iPhone 12 to Bluetooth?
1. Find “Bluetooth”
- Press Settings.
- Press Bluetooth.
- Press the indicator next to “Bluetooth” to turn on the function.
- Press the required Bluetooth device and follow the instructions on the screen to pair the device with your phone.
Why can’t I rename Bluetooth devices on iPhone?
The device is not connected to the iPhone. Make sure the device is turned on and connected. The device can’t be renamed. Not all Bluetooth devices allow you to rename them, so you have to keep the default name assigned by the manufacturer.
How do I permanently rename a Bluetooth device?
Open the Settings app, then tap Bluetooth. Tap the blue i next to the Bluetooth accessory that you want to rename, then tap Name.
On a Mac:
- Go to System Preferences > Bluetooth.
- Control click on the device name.
- Select Name from the drop-down menu.
- Enter the new name.
- Click Rename.
How do I change my Bluetooth name?
In Settings, navigate to General, then tap “About.” In the About menu, you’ll see the current device name near the top of the screen. This is the same name that other devices will see if they’re trying to connect via Bluetooth. To change it, tap “Name.”
How do I rename a device on my iPhone?
To change the name of your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, follow these steps:
- On your device, go to Settings > General, then tap About.
- Tap the first line, which shows the name of your device.
- Rename your device, then tap Done.
How do I rename my AirPods on my iPhone?
Change the name and other settings for AirPods Pro
- Open the AirPods case, or place one or both AirPods in your ears.
- On iPhone, go to Settings > Bluetooth.
- In the list of devices, tap. next to your AirPods.
- Do any of the following: Change the name: Tap the current name, enter a new name, then tap Done.