If you can’t access the router’s web-based setup page or forgot the router’s password, you may reset the router to its default factory settings. To do this, press and hold the Reset button for 10 seconds. NOTE: Resetting your router to its default factory settings will also reset your router’s password.
How do I change my home Wi-Fi password?
There are two ways to change your network name and password
- Open the My Account app and tap the Internet icon. …
- Tap the Wireless Gateway.
- Select “Change WiFi Settings.”
- Enter your new network name and password. …
- Reconnect your wireless devices to your WiFi network using your new network name and password.
How do I find my router username and password without resetting it?
You Can Look at The Sticker On The Back Of Your Router
It is the easiest way to find the router username and password without resetting. You can look at the sticker on the back of the router with all the information you need to access the router’s web user interface.
How do I find the username and password to my router?
To locate the default username and password for the router, look in its manual. If you’ve lost the manual, you can often find it by searching for your router’s model number and “manual” on Google. Or just search for your router’s model and “default password.”
How do I change my 192.168 254.254 password?
Open a web browser and go to http://192.168.254.254.
- Click Wireless Settings and then Basic Settings.
- Make sure wireless is turned On and enter a name for your network in SSID box. …
- Select Advanced Security Settings or Security Settings from the menu.
- Select WPA Wireless Security.
How do I change my Wi-Fi name and password?
How to change your Router’s Wi‑Fi password
- Open your browser to the configuration page of your router: …
- Enter your router’s username and password details: …
- Open the Wireless section: …
- Change the password: …
- Set your security type: …
- Save your settings:
How do I change my router username and password?
How to Change Your Router’s Login Information
- Enter your router’s IP address into your favorite web browser.
- Log in with the default username and password (both admin, usually).
- Go to settings.
- Select Change Router Password or a similar option.
- Enter the new password.
- Save the new settings.
How do I find out what my router password is?
First: Check Your Router’s Default Password
- Check your router’s default password, usually printed on a sticker on the router.
- In Windows, head to Network and Sharing Center, click on your Wi-Fi network, and head to Wireless Properties > Security to see your Network Security Key.
Does Resetting router change WiFi password?
Once you reset the router, the password for logging into the web interface and the WiFi password will be reset to their default passwords.
How do I access my router without a password?
Using WPS to Connect Without a Password
- Launch the Settings app from the Home screen.
- Navigate to the network and internet settings section.
- Tap Wi-Fi.
- Tap the Additional settings button.
- Now, tap the Connect by WPS button option.
- Next, a dialog should open telling you to push the WPS button on the router.