Frequency (MHz): 156.025 - 163.275, 146 - 174
O/P Power (Watt): 5 H, 3 M, 1 L
Type: VHF Marine
VHF MARINE TRANSCEIVER
Not Just Another Marine Radio!
Tough construction, superior waterproofing
The IC-M88 is built tough to withstand hazardous and unhospitable environments at sea and on land. Even if the IC-M88 is dropped into water, complete waterproofing* will protect it from harm. The compact and durable body meets the military specifications (MIL-STD).
* Equivalent to JIS waterproof grade 7. (1m depth for 30 minutes)
6 clearly labelled buttons on the front panel and the volume/power knob maximize simplicity of operation. Even when wearing gloves, the large buttons are easy to operate. A large, clear LCD with backlighting and backlit buttons make night time operation simple.
Li-Ion battery for extra long battery life
With the standard 1700mAh Li-Ion battery pack, the BP-227, you can get up to 15 hours of talk time* without worrying about 'memory effect' on batteries. An optional AA alkaline battery case, BP-226, provides a convenient back up and great reassurance in an emergency.
* Typical operation; Tx:Rx:Stand-by duty ratio = 5:5:90
Powerful 5 Watts output power
The 5 Watts of output power ensures the reliability of your communication, even over long distances. To save on battery consumption, you can reduce the output power to 3 Watts or 1 Watt.
22 free channels for land use
The IC-M88 has 22 free channels reserved for Land use (146-174MHz). Wide/narrow channel spacing is programmable for each channel, and CTCSS and DTCS signaling is built-in.
* Appropriate license will be required.
- Auto WX scan and WX Alert function (U.S.A. version only)
- Simple Up/Down switches for operating channel selection
- Instant access to Ch. 16 and Ch. 9 (or call channel)
- Simple add/delete TAG scanning operation
- Monitor button opens squelch
- Automatic scan function
- 2 step power saver
- Key lock function
- Battery indicator shows remaining battery power in 4 levels
- Beep sound is programmable for each button
- The self check function checks internal temperature, connected battery voltage (over voltage detection), and water intrusion